Medical Alert Advice’s goal is to provide honest and real reviews of the top medical alert systems on the market. Medical Guardian is one of the up-and-coming medical alert companies in the industry and we often get asked “How does Medical Guardian system compare?” While Medical Guardian is not currently our #1 recommended medical alert device, it does have many great qualities worth considering when you are making a purchase.
Read on to review the pros and cons of the Medical Guardian system!
- No Set-Up Fees: When you don’t have to pay for equipment, set-up fees or shipping, it makes trying a new system less of a risk.
- Good Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your service for any reason, you will receive a refund for any months of service not used.
- 24-Hour Monitoring & Support Services: Should an emergency occur, a trained professional will connect with you, no matter the time of day or night.
- Automatic Monthly Testing: Your system’s console will be automatically tested monthly at the monitoring station. A great way to know if you system is working properly.
- Outstanding BBB Rating: Medical Guardian prides itself on their A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Lasting Battery Power: An essential feature of a great medical alert device is long battery life and support if you lose power. Your Medical Guardian battery has 72 hours of backup should you lose power in your home.
- Fair Pricing: Starting at around $29.95 a month, the Medical Guardian system is reasonably priced.
- Fall Detection: Medical Guardian is now offering in-home services with fall detection. A great asset in case of an emergency that renders you unconscious or unable to press the button yourself.
- Refer-A-Friend: Should you purchase a system and then recommend it to friends or family, Medical Guardian will send you $25 per referral. It’s a nice added bonus!
- No Senior Discount: One of the perks of being a senior is the discounts! Medical Guardian does not offer any for their services.
- No CSAA Five Diamond Certified Monitoring Center: This is one of our favorite features but it is not offered with Medical Guardian. All of their monitoring centers are, however, UL-certified.
- No Activity Monitoring: A nice added bonus is activity monitoring, a way to make sure your loved one is active each day, which is not available with this system.
- No Pill Reminder or Fall Detector Options: Both are great additional features that are not offered with this system.
Overall Medical Guardian gets a 4.5 out of 5 stars from Medical Alert Advice and we consider it a solid choice. It is a great affordable option for you or your loved one. If you are interested in purchasing Medical Guardian, feel free to check out their current special offers!