Shopping around for a medical alert response system can be stressful, especially since there are so many great options to choose from. Surely you want the best medical alert device on the market at the most reasonable price. We here at Medical Alert Advice have taken the guess work out of the process for you. Our medical alert system comparison guide has everything you’d want to know before choosing your medical alert system. Today, we will start by discussing the pros and cons of the popular LifeStation system.
LifeStation is Medical Alert Advice’s top pick for quite a few reasons. LifeStation has been around for more than 30 years, helping customers with their easy to use equipment and monitoring options. We will point out the pros and cons below.
- No Lengthy Contracts: You can try LifeStation with virtually no risk! LifeStation allows you to cancel the service at anytime with 30 days notice, making it easy to test out.
- Setup is a Breeze: Installation is free and only takes 5 minutes.
- Button Options: You are able to wear the button around your neck, on your wrist or as a belt-clip. No need to choose when you order, you get all three!
- Customer Support: LifeStation has 24 hour technical and customer support. With their recent investment in a state-of-the-art customer support center, you are guaranteed to get your customer support needs met.
- Backup: Don’t worry about losing power in your home. The LifeStation system has up to 32 hours of battery backup.
- CSAA Five Diamond Certified Monitoring Center: This is a biggie! LifeStation has invested in highly-trained personnel at its monitoring facility. The personnel at their CSAA 100% Certified Five Diamond monitoring center have completed six weeks of formal training and testing as well as regular performance reviews to ensure you are getting the best quality monitoring service around.
- Automatic Weekly Tests: Your system’s console will be automatically tested each week at the monitoring station. This is above and beyond the standard once a month testing.
- Activity Assurance: This add-on feature is a fantastic benefit as it allows you to know that your loved one is active each day by simply having them press a button once every 24 hours.
- Two Care Specialists on Each Emergency Call: If EMS needs to be contacted, one care specialist will remain on the phone with your loved one until help arrives, while the other contacts EMS and family members.
- Great Pricing Features: Pay by credit card or automatic debit; receive discounts for paying quarterly or annually; get locked-in pricing once you sign up as a customer. You will also receive a $2.00 per month discount with coupon code ALERT911!
- Free Shipping: Even to Canada!
- Pill Reminder: At this time, LifeStation does not offer a pill reminder option which is a nice feature to remind you when to take your medicine.
- Fall Detection Option: LifeStation does not have a fall detection option which would be helpful to have for someone who has the tendency to faint and would not be able to press their medical emergency button.
With so many pros to the LifeStation system, it’s no wonder why it’s our #1 recommendation. If you decide to purchase a LifeStation system remember you can save $2 a month with coupon code ALERT911. Signing up is easy, just click to order, or simply call toll free 1-877-354-3041.